Twitter is an incredibly popular social media site that you might use regularly, but are uncertain about sending tweets yourself.
It may be obvious, but Tweets are short posts (280 characters or less) so you’ll need to be creative and selective when choosing what to write.
This is great practice for aspiring writers as it forces you to choose your words carefully.
Write a tweet
- Sign in to your Twitter account from Twitter.com or from the app on your device.
- Enter the text for your Tweet into the box at the top of your Home timeline or click the Tweet button in the top.
- Use less than 140 characters as this is the limit when tweeting. Twitter will count the characters for you and provide a ‘counter’ so you can see how much you have left.
- Tips to reduce character count: Reduce or remove generic terms. Use symbols in place of text. For example, use & instead of and or w/ instead of with or use a slash / instead of or.
- Click the Tweet button to post the Tweet to your profile. The Tweet then appears on your homepage.