With any game Xbox console or Microsoft computer, you’re going to be managing device memory frequently. This is increasingly more common as digital downloads become more popular with seasonal sales on great games.
Most Xbox consoles do come with a good amount of memory, but you’ll likely need to uninstall games at a certain point to make room for something new. We’ve got a full guide here on how to uninstall from all the consoles and PCs.
Based on the device you’re using, the steps will be slightly different. The guide on this page will show you how to uninstall games from multiple consoles – Xbox ONE and Xbox series S and Xbox series X, in addition to Microsoft computers.
Uninstall Games from Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S
You can remove games from the Xbox Series X or S (you can re-download them at a later time if you desire).
- From any screen on the Xbox, press the Xbox button to open the menu.
- Select My games & apps, select See all, then select Games
- Go to the game you want to remove and uninstall.
- Press the Double-box (view) button, then select Uninstall all when the menu appears.
- When the confirmation appears, select Uninstall all again to confirm removal.
Uninstall Games from Xbox ONE
You can remove games from the Xbox ONE (you can re-download them at a later time if you desire).
- Press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Select My games & apps, then select Games.
- Navigate to the game you want to remove, then press the Menu button on the Xbox controller.
- Once you’ve got the game selected, select Manage Game, then select Uninstall all.
- Select Uninstall all again one more time to confirm deletion.
Uninstall Games from Xbox 360
You can remove games from the Xbox 360 (you can re-download them at a later time if you desire).
- Go to Settings and then System.
- Select Storage, select Memory Unit, then select Games and Apps.
- Navigate through the list of games, select the game you want to delete, then select Delete.
Uninstall Games from the Xbox App on a PC
Before you uninstall any game, you’ll want to back up any in-game settings before following these steps if you want to keep them.
- From your computer, open the Xbox app icon. This may be in the taskbar or start menu.
- Look for the list of installed games (on the left).
- Right-click the game you want to uninstall.
- Select Uninstall game and follow the remaining prompts.
Uninstall Games from the a PC
- Make sure you’re signed into your Microsoft account that you also use for gaming.
- Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
- Select Apps > Apps & features.
- Perform one of the following based on your windows version:
- On Windows 10, select the game you want to uninstall from the list and then click Uninstall two times.
- On Windows 11, select the More options … button and then select Uninstall two times.
- The Best Productivity Tips and Tricks for Microsoft Excel 2022
- How Manage Today Screen Widgets on the Apple iPhone 13
- How Change the Apps on the Left Most Screen on an Apple iPhone
- How to Remove the Search Bar from the Lock Screen on the Apple iPhone 12
- How to Use Spotlight Search from the Lock Screen on the Apple iPhone