This guide provides a simple method to get Shazam open in just a swipe and a tap from any screen on your iPhone.
Shazam is a popular app on the Apple iPhone (and many other devices) that lets you identify music, movies, advertising, and television shows. All it needs is your device’s microphone and a short sample of the audio.
The Shazam app is powerful enough to help you find the name of any song in the world around you with just a short snippet of sound. It’s a convenient way to quickly get the name and details of a song that you hear on the radio, at a venue, or even standing in an elevator. Best part is, all your Shazam captures are then stored in the app to reference later.
One of the only issues is getting Shazam open quick enough so you can hit that button and get the name of the song or audio clip. There’s a little trick to getting quick access to Shazam no matter what screen you’re on – like your lock screen – or if you’re using another app – like Twitter or Clash Royale.
Continue with our guide so you can set up a super-simple and quick shortcut for getting Shazam open in just a swipe and a tap. There are a couple quick steps to take and then you’re all set!
1) Using the Control Center
You’re probably familiar with the Control Center, but maybe don’t know what it’s called or that you can add or remove apps.
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen (on iPhone X or later).
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen (iPhone SE, iPhone 8 and earlier, and iPod touch).
This is your Control Center. You’ve probably already got a bunch of icons in there.
This is where you want to add Shazam because Control Center gives you instant access from any app or screen with just a swipe.
2) How to Add Shazam to the Control Center
When you go to add Shazam to the Control Center, it’s not clear what option Shazam is because the Shazam name does not appear in the available app list. Here’s the steps so you can get it added:
- From your iPhone, navigate to and open Settings.
- Tap Control Center.
- Make sure the Access Within Apps toggle is selected. This is so you can open from any in-progress app.
- Scroll down to the More Controls section.
- Tap the Plus Sign next to Music Recognition. This is the Shazam app (the Shazam logo appears next to the name).
Shazam is now added to the Control Center!
3) How to Shazam from the Control Center
You can now Shazam a song with a single swipe and a tap – that’s quicker than scrolling through a bunch of screens or folders!
- When you hear a song or clip that you want to Shazam:
- iPhone X or later: Swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen, then tap the Shazam icon.
- iPhone SE, iPhone 8 and earlier, and iPod touch: Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen, then tap the Shazam icon.
- When the app opens, tap the Shazam button. Boom – you’ve got your song!