You can download the popular game Fortnite Battle Royale on the XBOX for free. There’s also multiple options depending on what works best for you.
The good thing is, it’s a simple process to get started with downloading Fortnite. Check out the details below.
Device Download Requirement
It might seem obvious, but you’ll need an XBOX device in order to get play Fortnite on your XBOX device.
If you try to download through a web browser that doesn’t connect to the XBOX Marketplace, you won’t be able to proceed with the process.
Option 1 – Download from your XBOX
- Start your XBOX and make sure you’re device is connected to the internet.
- Access the XBOX Marketplace. Depending on your XBOX version and layout, this could be in multiple locations. You can easily press the XBOX button on your controller and select the Marketplace.
- In the search bar, type in Fortnite.
- Click the Download button and begin the download.
Option 2 – Download / Queue from a web browser
You can login to your XBOX account to queue up the Fortnite download from a web browser.
- Go to the XBOX Marketplace website: https://marketplace.xbox.com/
- Click the Sign In link.
- Login with your Microsoft XBOX credentials. This could be your gamertag or email.
- Run a search for Fortnite.
- Select the option that works best for you: Play with Cloud gaming or Download/Install. The next time you start up your XBOX, Fortnite will begin downloading.
Download on other platforms
From the device you want to play Fornite on, you can visit the app store or game marketplace, search for Fortnite, and download.
You can also download in the following places:
- PC/Mac – Fortnite.com
- PlayStation – PlayStation Store
- iOS – Sign up for the Invite Event on iOS
- Android – Sign up for Android
- Switch: Nintendo eShop